Thursday 24 March 2016

If Deinonychus was 'Terrible Claw', what would 'Terrible Skater' be?

I ordered my rollerskates today.  It's a bit of a joke given that I'm still feeling very ill, but I'm hoping that I will be feeling stronger by the time they actually arrive.

I didn't go for a top-end pair, given that I don't know how I'm going to get on with them.  Instead I did some reading around, and went for a nice entry-level pair that also happened to be on sale (though they were on sale at Sports Direct, which I swear keeps things 'on sale' forever so no idea if I actually got a good deal or just paid the normal price with a fancy sticker on them....)  Still, they look sturdy and have good reviews.  If this is something I end up doing a lot of, I may consider a 'better' pair some time in the future.

I also got a cheap backpack to keep them in.  This means I can carry them easily to the sea-front when I want to use them, and I can also keep them in the backpack when I am at home, meaning they can be stored hanging from a hook.  It'll help keep the place tidy.  Which is also a joke, if anybody who knows me is reading this.

Can intensive housework be used as marathon preparation?  Because I certainly need to do a fair bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment