Saturday 26 March 2016

A small moment of triumph.

After making my last post I sat back and read it over a few times, and was almost instantly hit by a strange urge to do something about it.  And by 'it', I mean my natural inclination to feel sorry for myself when things don't pan out, rather than taking action.

So, I did some googling, dragged my disease-ridden carcass out of the house and went down to my local branch of Sports Direct.  They were very nice.  Even though I bought the skates online, they were happy to exchange them and they even had a larger size of the same design in stock.  I walked out shortly after with skates that fitted, feeling a lot better about myself for actually *doing* something, even if it was something small.

I'm still too ill to actually use the skates.  To be honest, I got home and had to lie down for half an hour to recover, because I was feeling so washed out and shaky, but at least I did something!  I took action!

It's a small thing, and a small step, but if I manage another one tomorrow, and one the day after that....  maybe I'll get there in the end. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment